Microsoft had teased about the new resigned Start menu in past and it’s now enabled it the Windows 10 build 20161. Windows 10 build 20161 is currently a Dev and not available to everyone. If you are not pat of the Windows Insider Program then you can check this tutorial: How to: Join Windows Insider Program – Windows 10.
The new Start menu design is more neat and clean which looks great. But many users are disappointed that it’s not available to everyone yet. As of now only a subset of users will able to get it and others will have to wait for it to be made available in the future. In case, you can’t wait and you need to try it out now, then you can use the ViveTool, which enables the hidden feature of Windows 10. Let’s go through the step by step procedure on how to enable the redesigned start menu in Windows 10.
Step to Enable New Redesigned Start Menu in Windows 10
- Download ViveTool and extract the contents of the archive in a folder. You can directly download the file from Github.
- The next step is to open the command prompt as the administrator. To open it as the administrator, you need to type “Command Prompt” in the start menu, and in the right pane you would be the option to “Run as Administrator“.
- A UAC dialog will be popped up, just click “Yes“.
- By default, the command prompt will be using the system 32 directories. You need to change it to us the path where the VivoTool is downloaded and extracted. You need to use the below command.
- Next, you need to enter the below command and hit enter.
- That’s it, now you just need to reboot the computer and the newly redesigned start menu will be enabled.
You try this our and in case it didn’t work then do let us know in the comment section below. We will help you with getting it fixed. Additionally, you can refer to the below video tutorial for better understanding.
You can follow us on our Social Media profiles to get the quickest updates. Follow us – Instagram: /StopToExplore, Telegram: /StopToExplore, Facebook: /StopToExplore , Twitter: /StopToExplore, Youtube: /StopToExplore