Profile management was one of the most awaited features for Amazon Prime Video. When you are sharing your account with your family member, it happens that your taste of content doesn’t match there. So the recommendations are messed up, your profile gets piled up with the recently watched shows/movies of there choice. This looks untidy. But now no worries about this mess. Amazon Prime Videos have added the profile management feature which will allow you to add up to 6 profiles under your account. Even there is an option to enable Kids profile which will filter out the content and show only those content that is rated under 12. So let’s see how the profiles can be configured in Amazon Prime Video.
Steps to Setup User Profiles in Amazon Prime Video
- You need to sign in to you your Prime Video account. You need to be an Amazon Prime member to use Prime Videos. If you are not a prime member then you can join Prime now using this link: Amazon Prime.
- Once you are signed in, in the top right corner of the screen you would see your profile name. Click on it to open the sub-menu.
- In the drop-down menu, you will see a pre-configured “Kids” profile and below that, you will get the option “Add new“.
- Click on the “Add-new” option, and it will take to the screen where you can give your profile the name. In case the profile which your are adding is for a kid, then enable the “Kids Profile” switch.
- Now click on “Save changes” button. That’s it now you will get the notification banner stating the profile has been added successfully and can be used.
Steps to Remove User Profiles in Amazon Prime Video
- On the top right corner of the screen, you would see your profile name. Click on it to open the sub-menu.
- In the drop-down menu, you will get the option “Manage Profile“.
- This takes you to the screen showing all the profile which are currently configured. Below the profile name, you get a button named “Edit Profile“. Click on that option.
- Now a pencil icon will appear on all the profiles, and you need to click the profile which you need to remove.
- Here you will get the option “Remove profile“.
- Once you click on this option, it will ask for a confirmation. Once it’s confirmed, a notification will be displayed stating the profile has been removed successfully.
That’s all you need to do to add or remove a profile in Amazon Prime Video. Hope this helped you. Below is a short video that can be referred to add a profile on desktop and the mobile application.
You can follow us on our Social Media profiles to get the quickest updates. Follow us – Instagram: /StopToExplore, Telegram: /StopToExplore, Facebook: /StopToExplore , Twitter: /StopToExplore, Youtube: /StopToExplore