Google has released the latest beta version of the upcoming major release of Android 11 and OnePlus has joined them the very next day by releasing there Android 11 beta version for the OnePlus 8 series device. OnePlus 8 series included OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8. As the Google version is still buggy, the same goes for the OnePlus. Some known issues will be available at the end of the post. OnePlus will be working on getting them fixed and releasing the new version as per their release cycle. So first let’s understand how to install the Android 11 Beta on Oneplus 8 Series.
The stable update is now out: Oxygen OS 11 for OnePlus 8 Series is now Available
Step to Install Android 11 Open Beta on OnePlus 8 Series
- Download the Android11 BETA ROM upgrade zip package from the below links.
OnePlus 8: Download Android 11 Open Beta 2 (Global) – FULL OTA. If you need incremental OTA from Open Beta 1 then click here. OnePlus 8
Oneplus 8 Pro: Download Android 11 Open Beta 2 (Global) – FULL OTA. . If you need incremental OTA from Open Beta 1 then click here. OnePlus 8 Pro
- Once the download is completed, you need to copy the upgrade package to the “ROOT” folder of your phone storage.
Note: If the package is not on the root folder then it won’t be visible for the upgrade.
- Now you need to Navigate to Settings ==> System ==> System Updates.
- Once you are in System Updates, click on the Gear Icon on the top right corner.
- Select the “Local Upgrade” option.
- Now you need to select the downloaded upgrade package and hit upgrade.
- Wait for the installation process to get completed and click “Restart“
- That’s it, your update has been completed, and now you are running the latest Android 11 on your OnePlus 8 Series.
- Optimized some UI display in Settings.
- Fixed the low probability issue that widgets did not respond
- Fixed the failure to wake up Google Assistant in some cases
- Fixed the issue that the HD icon on the call log interface was not centered
- Fixed the black screen issue when user entered “Tips & Support” interface
- Improved the system stability.
- Fixed the issue that numbers disappeared in Timer under some special circumstances.
- Ambient display
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone. You can view it anytime without waking up the screen (Path: Settings-Customization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically)
- Optimize the power consumption of the Smart 5G.
If you need to revert to the original Android 10 stable branch then you need to download and install the below downgrade package. The process for the downgrade is the same as mentioned above.
Downgrade package for OnePlus 8:
Downgrade package for OnePlus 8 Pro:
If you own a device from OnePlus 8 Series and you have tried the Beta version of Android 11, then do let us know about your experience in the comment section below. Also, if you ended you in any issue then inform us and we will try to help you out to get it resolved. 🙂
You can follow us on our Social Media profiles to get the quickest updates. Follow us – Instagram: /StopToExplore, Telegram: /StopToExplore, Facebook: /StopToExplore , Twitter: /StopToExplore, Youtube: /StopToExplore